2009年5月4日月曜日

Golden Week





This week is the public holiday week. Friday night wasn't the most exciting. We got some sake. The cup, cheap sake really doesn't taste good.
I worked on Saturday, Saturday night I went with my flatmate to a party at 'Hub' pub in Namba, didn't drink too much because early Sunday I had to rise for a work BBQ.
We drove out into the mountains around Yao, my workplace, located 10 km east of the centre of Osaka. It's so nice to get out into nature, such a big change from the grey sprawl of Osaka, of which we got a good view of.
We set up our bbq on the side of the road, Japanese usually bbq thinly sliced meat and vegetables and then dip it in a special sauce-fantastic! After the barbie we went down to a small lake and went fishing. My bait kept falling off the hook so I really didn't believe I had a chance of catching anything, and in fishing, if you don't have any faith that you'll catch something there's no point. So I just read a book and relaxed.
To my suprise 5 little fish were caught.
Today we went to the Osaka museum of history, it was OK but a little small-there weren't so many artifacts. There was good info about the Naniwa period of ancient Osaka. Unfortunately pretty much all the info was in Japanese. Still, I had fun. After that we went to Umeda. There was also a festival in Nakonoshima, I had the best soy sauce ramen(Chinese noodle soup) and it was only 300 yen.





0 件のコメント: